Sunday, May 12

thank you, MOM

hello scrappy friends!

it is 12th of may and it is MOTHER's day in the netherlands! and this year i'm double blessed - i've got enormously spoiled from my two little munchkins and my mom is visiting from BULGARIA, so i get to spend this precious holiday with her!

so, i thought of making something special for my mom - 

"THANK YOU, MOM!"



on this picture my mom is 17 years old - it was made for her high school graduation. i choose it for no particular reason... just because i like it so much :-)

i started {as i often do lately} with white cardstock, THE CRAFTER's WORKSHOP "mini bricks" doodling template and PANPASTELS to create my background. i did a lot of stamping - mainly with some of my vintage PRIMA marketing stamps.

the clock is fussy cut from pattern paper {PRIMA marketing "almanac collection"} and layered on a zalm coloured cardstock. i used SPELLBINDERS' "scalloped circles' die to shape the base for the clock and embellished it with RANGER "onyx" liquid pearls and a black pen.  


most of my embellishments i fussy cut from pattern paper. to frame my picture i used a layer of black pattern paper and SPELLBINDERS "fancy tags two" die with liquid pearls. 


for the banner i used yet another SPELLBINDERS die "a nested lacey pennants" and PRIMA marketing cardstock stickers alphabet "typeset". the flowers are from two different collections - "miss godivas - blush" and "angelica rose collection - gem"


for my title i used a combination of different alphabet stickers and hand writing. 


SCRAPPERS TIP! - make sure that you don't miss the PRIMA marketing flowers FRIDAY freebie on FACEBOOK - i just printed these journalling cards and they fit perfectly in my design!


i hope you enjoyed today's post!

have a HAPPY WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY everyone!

hugs 'n smiles,


1 comment:

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful layout, Emmy, and a wonderful tribute to your mother.