Wednesday, April 30

a vintage birthday card {creative embellishments}

hello lovely friends! 

it is my turn today over at the CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS' blog and i've got a new project to share! 

every time i look at the amazing swirls and vines from CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTS, i cannot stop thinking vintage, whimsy and dreamy. 

so, for my post today i decided to create a vintage birthday card with some of my favorite chippies!




for my card i used a pink card base and i added a lot of different cardstock and pattern paper layers on it.


i stamped the last layer with the CE distressed chicken wire stamp and brown ink to give extra depth to my project.

i used two sets of chippies to embellish my card - bird cage four pieces set and flourish set 17.

i altered the cage chippie with TIM HOLTZ brown distress embossing powder and added the pink bird detail with RANGER INK pink liquid pearls.


then i cut the flourish from flourish set 17 in two to fit my design better. i altered both parts with a white embossing powder first and then with a sage coloured one.


to finish off my design i added mulberry roses and glitter glue.


here is a list with some of the products i used on my project:

have a lovely week!

hugs 'n smiles,

No comments: