Wednesday, March 16

our last summer {MME}

hello lovely friends,

this month i had some time and i decided to play along at MME monthly sketch challenge. 

here is what I came up with:


and this is the sketch:



as you can see, the possibilities are endless and there is enough room to show your own style.

with this layout i'm celebrating my sister and the times i've spent with her. but since 'celebrate my sister' is not much of a title, i've changed it into "our last summer" (after ABBA's song).

Me and my sister, we spent 'our last summer' in Paris ("and strolling down the ELysee, we had a drink in each cafe:-)It was the last summer before we both got married, got children and got separated by work, family obligations and great distances (I moved to the Netherlands and she went to Oxford for her PhD degree).

And though I'm a little bit sad that I cannot see her every day, I cherish and celebrate all our memories together. After all, she is my best friend:-)

Here is a list with MME products I used (I got the whole collection as a present from my friend Gerry):
Lost and Found - Union square "Beautiful day" Paris Glittered paper
Lost and Found - Union square "Home sweet home" Love Glittered paper
Lost and Found - Union square "Moments" Seamstress Glittered paper
Lost and Found - Union square "Moments" Charming Glittered paper

Other products I used:
Tattered Angels Screen Prints Grand Scale Clear Stamps - Time Traveler
Martha Stewart edge punch - Doily
rhinestones
Stickles Glitter Glue - Christmas Red
some ribbon, buttons and other stamps.

And some close ups:
I used my favoutie Copic Ciao markers to colour the stamps and give some colour to my layout. I used 3d tape to create dimension.


I cut out this picture from one of the papers and curled the edges of my so called flash:


This embellishment is actually the cut off paper edge. I really liked the shape, so I added some glitter and used it in my layout. I coloured the lace with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad "Old Paper".


As always, I used a lot of stamping (Tattered Angles Screen Prints are the best!), glittering, inking and colouring:-)



I used two types of ribbon, which I stitched together. The number 17, printed on the MME paper, was very useful to my data tracking, since we were in the week of June 17th in Paris:


that's all for now:-)

i hope you enjoyed today's post!

hugs 'n smiles,
Emmy

4 comments:

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

This is just a stunning page! I adore the way you fussy cut the corner embellie and your extra touches are wonderful!!!

Great take on the sketch!

Unknown said...

wow what make you beautiful work my friend and every details is so stunning!!!
maybe it's weird that I'm so ask you that you will come on my blog i do like it so
Big hugs carla

2amscrapper said...

I'm here from Bella Creations. Beautiful layout from the sketch!

Unknown said...

absolutely stunning layout! love everything on this!