Thursday, February 6

mixed-media cards with whimsical papers

hello crafty friends!

it is my turn over at SUSAN K. WECKESSER's blog and i've prepared two mixed media cards using her amazing whimsical papers and a few of her stamps.



for my cards i used the susan k. weckesser whimsical papers - beautiful daydreams, bouquet, live in color tags, live in color and color burst, and susan k. weckesser and unity stamps "abc.123.washi" stamp set.   

to create the background of my first card i used white cardstock, FABER-CASTELL gelatos {snow cone, blueberry, lemon and green}, distress ink and different masking templates. 
first, i applied a layer of GELATOS which i blended with water. then i added the harlequin pattern using THE CRAFTER'S WORKSHOP "mini harlequin" mask and TIM HOLTZ "broken china" distress ink. after the ink was dry, i glued a few pieces of white paper doily and stamped the washi tapes from susan k. weckesser and unity stamps "abc.123.washi" stamp set randomly on my background. 


to finish off my design, i added a dimensional layer using modelling paste and THE CRAFTER'S WORKSHOP "mini flying geese" and PRIMA marketing masking templates.


to create the abstract flowers i used SUSAN K. WECKESSER whimsical papers - color burst.  i fussy cut four circles, inked and distressed their edges and adhered them to my background with a 3d foam tape. then i cut out the stems from the "live in color tags" pattern paper, stamped the alphabet washi tape on top of them and attached them to the flowers. 


to complete my card i added white pearls and doodled the frame around my design.

*****



for my second card i used a light brown card base and a 13 x 13 cm piece of SUSAN K. WECKESSER whimsical papers - color burst. i adhered it to the cardstock and doodles the frame around it. then using THE CRAFTER'S WORKSHOP "circle explosion" masking template and modelling paste, i added extra dimensional layer to my card. 


to create the banner  i used SUSAN K. WECKESSER whimsical papers - beautiful daydreams, bouquet, live in color and color burst.


as a final touch i added two colorful butterflies {i used MARTHA STEWART monarch butterfly punch}, which i embellished with white pearls.


thank you so much for stopping by today!

have a lovely evening!

hugs 'n smiles,

5 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Emmy, I love this! (top card)

Fearless said...

what a wonderful Card Emilia! <3

Bonjourscrap said...

Both of the cards are great ! TFS !

Shona Erlenborn said...

Two gorgeous creations. Look like you had so much fun with that first one!

April said...

These are wonderful! I want to play with my stencils more, so you have inspired me. great job!