Tuesday, January 7

summer 2013 {merly impressions}

hello scrappy friends!

it's a new month and there is a new challenge at MERLY IMPRESSIONS - create a layout that details - 

"my favourite moment (or memory) of 2013" 

my favourite memory of 2013 is the summer vacation. i got to be with my sister and her little princess. we live in different countries and we don’t have the chance to be together as much as we would like to. we want the kids to be close friends when they grow up, so every chance we get, we bring them together. last year we managed to go a few times on a holiday with all three of them and this is my favourite picture.

"SUMMER 2013"




to create my layout, i mixed two of my favourite KAISERCRAFT collections - TEA BREAK and LAVENDAR HAZE.  

 i used the TEA BREAK monte carlo pattern paper to create my background. i added a layer of an arrow pattern using mettalic paint and THE CRAFTER'S WORKSHOP "arrow chevron" mask. then i added a second pattern using TIM HOLTZ "tea dye" distress ink pad and PRIMA marketing masking template. after the ink has dried, i altered my background further using various KAISERCRAFT clear stamps - “vintage fence background”, “timeless postmarks”, “knowing you” and “hummingbird”.

to finish off my background design i sprinkled some brown GLIMMER MIST and outlined a few of the inked circles. 



 for my title i used TIM HOLTZ layering stencil “CARGO”. i outlined the letters with a pencil first and then i filled them in with a KAISERFUSION marker "BELGIUM" - brown.


to create my embellishments i used various pattern papers, some COLLECTABLES cardstock die cuts, and stickers.

 the layers under my picture are made of LAVEDAR HAZE “orchid” double-sided paper and a green pattern paper from the TEA BREAK paper pad. i distressed their edges and added a few stickers to give extra dimension to my layout.


i fussy cut the banners from LAVENDAR HAZE “jacaranda” pattern paper, a yellowish paper stripe from a sheet of the TEA BREAK paper pad and cardstock banners from the TEA BREAK collectables package.



i used various pre-cut cradstock embellishments and die cut elements to decorate my layout.


i coloured the resin heart with GLIMMER MIST.


i stamped the title stripes on a white cradstock using the KAISERCRAFT curiosity collection clear stamp set and brown ink. the green stripe is from the TEA BREAK sticker sheet.


i coloured the resin bird with a mixture of gesso and GLIMMER GLAM.



i hope you i managed to inspire you and you will come and play with this month! 

you can find the latest MERLY IMPRESSIONS challenge on the blog – please note that the title (on the layout), must include the year “2013″. 

the final date for entries is the 2nd of february 2014. 

have a fabulous day! 

hugs 'n smiles,


3 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Your layouts always amaze me. They are full of lots of detail and layers, but never look bulky. Love this one too.

April said...

What a sweet pic!ture and wonderful layout! I love all the beautiful details! Great job

Giorgia Rossini said...

beautiful picture and awesome layout