Friday, December 13

i am who i am {MERLY IMPRESSIONS & KAISERCRAFT}

hello scrappy friends! 

it is my turn over at MERLY IMPRESSIONS blog today and i would like to share another KAISERCRAFT project with you, featuring their newest TEA TIME collection

"I AM WHO I AM"



the title is inspired from my pictures. as many of you know, my little darling ELISE has the most beautiful curly hair. she looks like a little fairy, but when it comes to brushing - she is not so trilled with her curls. so, once in a while, we bring her to the hair-dresser and threat her with a straight hair. 

last time we did it right before a family gathering and all the aunts and uncles were really upset with us - how could we, as parents, allow her to "destroy" her beautiful curly hair. according to them she didn't look like ELISE anymore, hence the title. it took me a lot of time to explain to everyone that it is not permanent and the curls will be back as soon as her hair gets wet, but finally we made peace with the family :-)

i used the KAISERCRAFT december saturday sketch #1 as inspiration for my project:


for this layout i decided to create my own embellishments. i used patterned paper from the TEA TIME collection with fussy cutting, inking, punching, embossing, glittering, etc. basically, you can use all the techniques, you are familiar with, to create the most striking layout with pattern paper only. 


i started with KAISERCRAFT white premium cardstock, which i distressed with two different colors ink - brown and salmon. then using the TIM HOLTZ “rays” layering stencil and the KAISERCOLOUR paint candy i created the pattern in the middle of my page.


 i used MARTHA STEWART circle border punch "eyelet doily" and KAISERCRAFT tea break “ginger snaps” paper. i thought that the little flowers from the pattern paper match the pattern on ELISE’s dress perfectly.

for the sentiment i used the colour rub-ons matching the TEA BREAK collection.

then i layered the wide white strip from the choc chip pattern paper, which i cut in two, on top. for my embellishments i used stickers from the same collection - from the alpha sticker sheet and the sticker sheet with images from the same collection. i distressed their edges with brown ink. 


to embellish my layout i used die cuts from the 6×6″ paper pad



for my flower spread i used the custard cream pattern paper from the TEA BREAK collection, the 6×6″ paper pad, scissors, double sided mounting tape and an embossing pen. 


i layered some of the roses, using different size blossoms, to create a dimensional effect on my page. 



to finish off my layout i added pearls (KAISERCRAFT “lush”) and RANGER INK stickles glitter glue.  
i hope you enjoyed my post today! 

hugs 'n smiles,

1 comment:

Jean Bullock said...

Wonderful layout. Love that fussy cutting. Looks great.